Doing this week's readings and videos, classroom management was very much the target topic. Chapter 7 focused a lot on behavior, different learning strategies and motivation. The text uses the term reinforcement in a different way than we've normally understood it. The time reward never comes to mind when I was younger thinking of reinforcement. However, if I continue to do something that I wasn't supposed to do my parents reinforced the consequences for the behavior (Pg257). The two different types of reinforcement talked about in the text talk about are very different to me, However, I do agree with the using a reinforcement schedule to keep students behavior on target. I believe that the praise and ignore approach can definitely be helpful in softer the classroom. There are students who do not care about learning and their motivation is to throw the class off track. I have seen this behavior in my classroom. Those students behavior may form becaus...
Comments
Post a Comment